Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Taking a Break from the Car

Bike - check. Helmet - check. Bike Lock - check. Leg strength to push myself around on this thing - I'm getting there.

I've started riding my bike to work at the school. Today was day two and I felt a lot more confident than I did yesterday. I don't have the best bike in the world and I'm not the greatest biker (a man in his 60s went zooming past me on his bike today while I was huffing and puffing). But, it's better on the environment (and better on the bank account).
We really do live in a great location to forgo the car. We can walk (or bike now) to the library, the grocery store and the pet store. We've walked to these places a number of times, but many times we get in the car because it's easier and we're a bit lazy.

Now, I am trying to be more intentional about opting not to use the car. Every little bit helps, right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment